Since 2001, unapologetically Black!
Healthy Black Communities, Inc.:
National Black COVID Awareness Campaign
The goal of the National Black COVID Awareness Campaign is to develop and coordinate nationwide support for COVID-19 in the African American/Black community with specific regard to those sub populations that are disproportionately affected by the disease (i.e., those with pre-existing conditions).
We have five primary goals for this initiative:
- Develop or enhance effective leadership skills of Blacks in COVID disease area;
- Dvelop a sustained community infrastructure to engage African American/Black stakeholders in COVID Disease prevention, treatment, vaccination, research, etc.;
- Increase diffusion of accurate user-friendly information and epidemiological data specific to African Americans/Blacks;
- Develop a standardized approach to delivering capacity building/technical assistance to stakeholders within the African American/Black community that are working to mobilize their communities; and
- Increase participation of African Americans/Blacks in the community education, mobilization, vaccination and/or planning processes.
As we develop this Campaign, we will provide a link to the website where you can get more informationand be a part of any and it.
How You Can Help HBC
There are a number of ways you can support the work we do domestically and internationally.